Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I Like a Cheap Movie as much as the next guy.....

The Castle Rock movie theatre by the Outlet Mall has recently been bought by AMC. We took the kids to see "Sorcerer's Apprentice" tonight, and found out that ALL Movies Monday through Thursday all day, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday before noon are $5. (There are a few exclusions, so don't hate me if you go and they charge you the regular ten bucks.) But, this looked like good news to me, and I thought I'd pass it along.

The movie was not as bad as the review suggested. It was not great art, as much as something sort of fun to do on a Tuesday night. I'm glad we paid $5 to see it, not ten.

King Soopers still has $12 Rockies tickets through tomorrow. We went Saturday night, saw Cargo hit for the cycle, and saw the Cubs on their way to getting swept. Houston Street retired the side with five pitches in the top of the 9th. When the bat cracked on that first pitch in the bottom of the ninth, there was no doubt where it was going - 465 feet into the upper deck. Rockies win!

No comments:

Post a Comment